You should aim to register your baby with a dentist soon after birth or by the time that they are six months of age. Registering and taking your child to a dental practice in Clarkston as early as possible helps them to get used to the sights, sounds and smells of a dental practice and it’ll also give you access to information, advice and support for looking after your child’s teeth and gums.
Here at our practice, our children’s dentists aim to work together with you to help to give the best care for your child and other children in Clarkston who are registered with us.
We offer a Childsmile programme which focuses on preventative measures that you can take to maintain your child’s teeth and gums so that they need little to no treatment in the future.
When you bring your child to see one of our children’s dentists, you will be given advice and support from our dental team who will show you how you can help your child keep healthy teeth and stop them suffering from tooth decay in the future.
Our dentists will:
- Give information on how teeth grow and will carry out regular checks to make sure that the teeth and gums are healthy
- Give you hints and tips on dental care
- Demonstrate and explain tooth brushing
- Promote tooth brushing messages for example spit don’t rinse
- Advise on weaning and healthy snacks and drinks
- Provide clinical care which includes twice yearly fluoride varnish
If you would like to register your child with one of the children’s dentists at our practice then feel free to give us a call today. One of our receptionists will then arrange an appointment for you to bring your child into our practice and for you to register your child as a new patient.